Monday, March 22, 2010

YAC

I can't begin to explain the peace and love I feel this morning. I am certainly dragging my feet and my mind isn't with the program yet, but I wouldn't change the busy and tiresome weekend for anything!

I had the extreme blessing to serve as Lay Director for Young Adult Chrysalis #66 this weekend. Chrysalis is a weekend get away to focus on the love and grace of Christ. These weekends aren't like any other retreat because it launches its participants into a lifetime of service and a community that lasts a lifetime as well. Chrysalis has become a fundamental part of my life.

I originally joined the Chrysalis/Emmaus community in 2004 when I participated in my original weekend. At that time, I didn't know just how much love and work went into making the event happen. Now, 6 years later, I have been on the other side and know that the love that goes into the event trumps the work (and it is a lot of work).

This weekend, even though I was the leader, I was much more of a follower. Each committee took on its own life and once the participants showed up, they didn't need me. I was able to worship and fellowship with the 27 beautiful "caterpillars" (aka participants) and other team members in the conference room. I felt like it was my first time to experience the love all over again. God showed us all our true beauty and worth that can only be found through Him.

Saturday will forever go down in my mind as the highlight of the weekend. It was a day so special that there are no words to describe it. It is something I will never forget. All I can say is that there were 51 of us that got to simply experience Heaven. Yes, I said Heaven!

"I am my beloved's and my Beloved is mine." Song of Songs 6:3

Then I heard the voice of the Lord Saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

"Behold He comes riding on the clouds, shining like the sun at the trumpet call! Lift your voice, it's the year of jubilee, and out of Zion's hill salvation comes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment