Thursday, March 11, 2010

Life's Blessings!

What a week!

I have been beyond honored in the last week to share in the memories of two of the biggest days in the lives of a few of my friends.

First, our friends Maria and Ben brought a perfect baby girl into the World! Ann Shepard Murray came to meet everyone on Wednesday afternoon (and was looking quite comfortable in the arms of strangers by Thursday morning). The only person more beautiful than the new born was her mother, Maria. Maria is always beautiful but you could see the love for her child on her face. The entire family seems to glow! The miracle of birth simple blows my mind!


Then, this weekend, Evan and I were privileged to take part as bridesmaid and groomsman in a special wedding between our friends Whitney and Eric (now the Miller's)! Eric and Evan have served side by side for years in youth and music ministry and they are now able to stand side by side to encouraging each other in their marriages. Whitney was one of the first to take me in when I moved to Alexander City and didn't know a soul. She quickly became a kindred spirit and I was beyond honored to stand beside her while she said "I do."

Both of these occasions have left me to think about the blessings of life.
Evan and I have been married for almost a year and taking part in Eric and Whitney's ceremony gave us a reminder about what marriage is all about and just how special our union is.

Spending time with Ben, Maria and Ann Shepard gave us a look into the future (the far future for those of you who are determined for us to get pregnant).
I am not ready for children yet, but seeing Ben and Maria with their new little one made me smile at the thought of being a parent one day.

When life starts rushing too fast, it is nice to have a reminder of just how blessed we are and see how God is working in the lives of others. I know there are miracles around us everyday, so I challenge you (and myself) to find them in both the big and small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment