Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Happy Birthday

If I haven't mentioned it before, let me mention it now: I am a blessed girl.
Not everyone is able to enjoy a spouse, family and friends the way I do and I am truly thankful for that.
Last Monday, I celebrated my 24th birthday. My family and friends went above and beyond to make me feel loved on a birthday that isn't even any type of milestone. The gifts were wonderful (and unnecessarily amazing) but the thought that went into the celebrations were what made them the best.

The love fest first started way back in November. While I was at a friends house, I got a message from my sister that simply said "check my Facebook." Once I logged onto the o-so-popular website, I found Julie's status to say, "I am taking my sister to see Bon Jovi for her birthday." The excitement of seeing this wonderfully handsome man in concert did not lesson the entire 5 months we waited for the event! So, a week and a half ago, we loaded up the car, shared a great dinner and then headed for Atlanta! Needless to say, Bon Jovi did not disappoint as he wooed us with both songs of new and old (and his looks of course). Seeing Julie's face while she waited for him to sing "Livin' on a Prayer" was worth the 5 months wait!
Next, came Sunday's family birthday celebration. Not only was it great to hang out with my immediate and extended family, but it was beyond wonderful to hang out with them while eating ribs, mac & cheese (the holiday kind) and mashed potatoes! Man oh man could I eat that everyday! My parents must really love me to spend their already busy weekend preparing food that they know I love.

Once my actual birthday arrived, I already felt overly celebrated. However, Evan did more than he should have to make sure I knew that he remembered my birthday and a surprise video from my friend oversees put me over the top (and did more than make me emotionally unstable). Between eating at a Japanese Steakhouse (I sure do love it when they make the volcano out of the onions and set it on fire) and receiving the very special video (that you can view below) and all the well wishes from practically everyone I know, I cannot help but feel loved and supported this week. And, as a cherry on top, I am able to post this blog with the contraption that Evan surprised me with on Monday night.

Thank you to everyone who loves and supports me. I am truly overwhelmed and blessed.

Video:


    

2 comments: