Wednesday, December 22, 2010

CHRISTMAS ADAM!

Incase you didn't know, tomorrow, Dec 23rd, is Christmas Adam!  You should celebrate!  What a fun day!
In the 6th grade, I went to spend the night with a good friend (here is a shout out to the wonderful Brittany Goss Price) on the day before Christmas Eve.  We were beyond excited for our holiday pajama fest held at her home that I fondly called the "jungle house" due to the cool plants that could be seen from the bathroom window (it's amazing the weird things I remember).  The day kept being described as Christmas Eve Eve and that wasn't really our cup of tea.  So, as the bright 6th graders we were, Christmas Adam began!  The idea dawned on us while sitting in the jump seats of her dad's black 2 door pickup truck.  It really makes a lot of since doesn't it?!  Adam came before Eve, thus making the day before Christmas Eve, Christmas Adam!  If we never have a bright idea again, we had one that day!

Christmas Adam can now be found in the Urban Dictionary and is occasionally mentioned on the radio. I about had a stroke last year when a TV anchor wished everyone a Happy Christmas Adam on a live show!  My husband, on the other hand, refuses to buy into the fact that Brittany and I came up with this phenomenon (ok, it's not a phenomenon yet, but it is only a 13 year old discovery people). However, I know this fact to be true and plan to take to the gave grave, with my family to vouch, that there was such an occurrence of brilliance on our part on Dec 23, 1997.  I am pretty set on Hallmark taking off with the Christmas Adam idea before I die, but if they don't, nothing stops you from enjoying the day and spreading the word yourself!

So, if you haven't gotten in the Christmas spirit yet, what are you waiting for?  For Pete's sake, it's Christmas Adam's Eve already!

1 comment:

  1. I got into an argument with someone on Facebook today about whether tomorrow is Christmas Adam or Festivus. I took your side, of course.

    ReplyDelete